Presell like a pro
The most important thing you can do to increase your affiliate commissions is to presell properly.
Before we begin, we need to first define what preselling is. There are two components to it – art & science. And it’s function is to prepare your reader to buy something. Then sending them to the product sales page to make the purchase. And when it’s done correctly, they don’t know it’s happening.
The gist is that you give your reader some useful information. And give them a link to the product you’re preselling. We’ll get into how to do it correctly in a minute. Before we get into that, you should understand what’s in it for you. Just a few of the reasons you want to presell.
- It helps your reader trust you – Readers who trust you are more likely to click your links. Which obviously means you’ll make more sales.
- It disarms your reader – Nobody likes to be sold something. By not doing that to them, your reader is less defensive. This means they are more open to what you’re saying. So your content get absorbed.
- It preps them to buy – Your readers are now receiving your message. Being open means, they are open to everything you give them. This includes the sales website you send them to! And being open to the information there means they are much more likely to buy.
- It increases your sales – Now your reader arrives at the sales page in a buying mood. With the guard down and trusting your recommendation. This dramatically boosts your sales rate!
- It boosts customer loyalty – Your referral now feels like they decided to buy. Instead of feeling pressured or “sold”. And this makes them feel better about the product they purchased.
- Your profits go up – Happy customers ask for refunds much less often. Less refunds means more affiliate money stays in your pocket.
The need to presell is clear. You earn more commissions. Your customers are happier. That’s a clear win-win.
OK, so how do you do it?
You’ve learned the importance of preselling. And hopefully you’re convinced you need to start doing it. So, it’s time to break down how it works. Remember, there are two components – art and science.
Part 1 – The art of it
Effective preselling requires gaining your readers trust in order for them to let down their guard. This can only be accomplished by providing actual value in the information you’re presenting. Now, providing enough info to be useful, but still making them want more – that’s the art of it. So you send them to the product website with a hunger for more of what the product provides. Plus they’re not guarded, so they’re more open and likely to purchase the product.
The science component
There are also several key elements that need to be included.
The first is how you present the information. You’ve got to map out your strategy before you start writing. In the end, you want to sell a specific product. There are two ways to accomplish this with great content. One way is to give them enough info to whet the appetite, but not enough to satisfy it. The second way is to provide all the information and let your reader discover how hard it is to actually implement it. In either case, the product you’re referring them to solves the problem for them.
But you can’t link to your affiliate link. Instead, you use a direct link to the product website. That’s because nobody likes to click on affiliate links. But how are you going to get credit for the sale, if you don’t include your affiliate link? There’s a trick to make this work… You “pre-cookie” your reader before sending them to the sales page.
You also want to link to the sales page from inside your article’s content. Hyperlinked words are clicked more than anything else. And when the words are in context like this, it makes perfect sense for your reader to click them.
What you have now is a super powerful system for affiliate marketing success.
OK, here’s the not-so-good news:
Doing all of this right is really hard! Let’s look at the skills required to pull it off: Awesome content. The entire process depends on your being able to provide useful information to your readers. This means you have to be able to write well, and have enough knowledge to be useful. Strategic writing. First, you have to give good information. But, you also need to know how to present the information in a way that give value to the reader. And somehow also make them want to learn more. The other approach is to reveal a self-evident problem through the information.
Picking products. Next, you’ve got to pick the right product to presell. If you can manage to get the article written well. You’ve wasted all your effort if the product doesn’t sell well.
Technical skills. To be most effective you have to use the “covert cookie” method. This is actually pretty simple – just embed a 1 pixel X 1 pixel image and set your affiliate link as the “source” of the image. (Just don’t mess it up. Otherwise, you won’t get credit for your sales.)
Now you’re armed with the information needed to effectively presell. Preselling properly will boost your affiliate profits up to 500%! It’s absolutely critical to do this every time – and to do it correctly. Don’t wait another minute. The effort it takes is well worth the benefits…Paste your code here!